Monday, November 1, 2010

Potato, Rosemary & Truffle Flatbread

I have this obsession with Pizza Antica's flatbread with potatoes and truffle oil.  I was going to make a version this weekend, but didn't get around to it, which is a total bummer because I had Chef G's amazing pizza dough and I'm sure it would've been fab.
I will still do this at some point, even though Patrick dislikes truffle oil (fool!).  Maybe for that Stella & Dot party I'm hosting. . . .

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
12 ounces unpeeled small Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced into very thin rounds; use a mandolin if you have one!
1 blob of pizza dough (homemade, from Trader Joe's or your local pizzeria, wherever)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
A drizzle of truffle oil - white or black, your choice; I might experiment since I have both
corn meal
Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat with garlic to flavor the oil.  Remove garlic cloves once they start to brown. Add potato slices in single layer. saut√© until just tender, about 5 minutes. Cool briefly.
Roll out dough to desired thinness and put on corn meal dusted pizza stone. Scatter potato slices over dough, leaving 3/4-inch plain border. Sprinkle with rosemary, Parmesan and crushed red pepper.
Bake pizza until crust is crisp, about 20 minutes. Using a spatula if necessary, loosen crust from stone. Slide out onto platter or board and drizzle with truffle oil.  Slice and serve.


   

No comments: