Monday, November 1, 2010

Potato, Rosemary & Truffle Flatbread

I have this obsession with Pizza Antica's flatbread with potatoes and truffle oil.  I was going to make a version this weekend, but didn't get around to it, which is a total bummer because I had Chef G's amazing pizza dough and I'm sure it would've been fab.
I will still do this at some point, even though Patrick dislikes truffle oil (fool!).  Maybe for that Stella & Dot party I'm hosting. . . .

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
12 ounces unpeeled small Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced into very thin rounds; use a mandolin if you have one!
1 blob of pizza dough (homemade, from Trader Joe's or your local pizzeria, wherever)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
A drizzle of truffle oil - white or black, your choice; I might experiment since I have both
corn meal
Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat with garlic to flavor the oil.  Remove garlic cloves once they start to brown. Add potato slices in single layer. sauté until just tender, about 5 minutes. Cool briefly.
Roll out dough to desired thinness and put on corn meal dusted pizza stone. Scatter potato slices over dough, leaving 3/4-inch plain border. Sprinkle with rosemary, Parmesan and crushed red pepper.
Bake pizza until crust is crisp, about 20 minutes. Using a spatula if necessary, loosen crust from stone. Slide out onto platter or board and drizzle with truffle oil.  Slice and serve.


   

No comments: