Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rosemary Gin Fizz

That's a boring name. I want to come up with something better. Summertime Sipper? Yuk.
Thank goodness for stuff like this. Troubled Fairy? Perhaps. Oh, I recommend ignoring the actual drink recipes over there - I saw one that, no joke, called for 1 oz of cake batter.
Dropkick? I like that. And because it's easy to forget there is alcohol in them, it might be what they do to you.
Rosemary Fizz? Yeah, I guess. Anyone have a better suggestion for me?
Woodland Nymph? Forest Sprite? Now that stupid Troubled Fairy suggestion is blocking me from anything non whimsy related, and the rosemary is making me think earthy, green things which makes me think trees and woods and. . .

In any case, it's eerily similar to the Lavender Lemon Fizz, but a little more masculine. And while the Lavender Lemon Fizz is also good with gin, I don't think I'd like this one as much with vodka instead of gin.

I made this one small, and might need to play with the amounts a bit to get a solid recipe for making in large batches, but this worked for our little 4 oz glasses quite nicely.

juice from one lime
1/2 tbsp rosemary syrup
1 shot gin (I used Tanqueray, but will probably go with Hendrick's next)
soda water
rosemary sprigs for garnish

Fill your rocks glass with ice. Add the juice from one lime, rosemary syrup, gin; top with soda and stir to mix. Garnish with a rosemary sprig.

3 comments:

Cynical Siren said...

Fizzy Rose?

Fizzy Mary?

Quinn said...

Call it the "Clooney Cooler" after Rosemary for the herbaceousness and George because it is, as you said, more masculine that it's lavender counterpart.

Unknown said...

Gin Fizz is a wonderful drink, thanks for posting.. it was a great read. My personal recipe of choice looks a little like this:

2 PARTS Beefeater Gin

1 PART Double cream

1 Egg white

1/2 PART Sugar syrup

1/2 PART Lemon juice

1/2 PART Lime juice

3 DROPS Orange flower water

(optional) 1 PART Soda water

METHOD Shake all ingredients, except for the soda. Strain into an ice filled highball, top with soda and garnish with a lemon wheel.

To die for picture lol: http://www.beefeatergin.com/mixology/drinks/ramos-gin-fizz.jpg