Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lavender Lemon Fizz


Okay okay, I shouldn't brag about it before I can share it, I know. Here was all the impetus I needed.
Here is the magic.

1 cup Splenda
1 cup water
6 sprigs of lavender (just the flowery bits, not the long green stem part)

Simmer.
Et, voila! Lavender simple syrup. I did the same thing with 2 LARGE sprigs of rosemary and now I have two simple syrups for cocktail deliciousness (the rosemary will go into something with gin I think. . . )

I juiced six lemons and ended up with just under a cup of juice. The breakdown for my "taster" follows; once I liked it (first try even!), I just made a larger batch using the same measurements. You might have to tweak the larger batch depending on varying sweetness of your lemons, and lavenderiness of your syrup.

1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tbsp lavender syrup
1 shot citrus vodka (I used Absolut)
lemon fuzzy water
lemon slices & lavender for garnish
ice

Larger batch:
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup lavender syrup
1 1/2 cups vodka

You might add more juice to your liking, but the fuzzy water can definitely help control the alcoholic-ness of the drink.
Garnish with a thin lemon wheel or a twist and a sprig of lavender. Girly - oh yeah. Try making it with gin for your man and leaving the lavender garnish off. (I'm thinking I might shake it with egg whites too before adding the fuzzy water so it gets a nice creamy layer on top.)

I combined the measured ingredients and "topped it off" with the fuzzy water so I have no idea how much I used. Trial and error people.

1 comment:

Quinn said...

This drink is so good that you would never know that it's good for you... well, it's not good for your liver, but it's fine on the waistline.