Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Margaritas

Margaritas are pretty awesome and I typically kind of suck at making them. The one exception to this rule so far are my Pomegranate Margaritas, but even those usually require an insane amount of tasting and tweaking. I think I overdo the bitter aspect since I try not to add sugar - juice, yes, simple syrup no.
Sangria is my drink. Probably explains why I tend to like sangritas, even if they are ridiculous and probably stemmed from some poor restaurant not having enough to serve someone a full margarita or sangria so they combined them. Swamp water it may be, but it's delicious swamp water.

ANYWAY, the next time it's margarita o'clock, I'm reaching for this tasty little recipe. That Ina Garten, boy, she knows how to party.

Pineapple Margaritas
  • 2 cups lime juice, about 20 limes
  • 2 cups white tequila
  • 2 cups Triple Sec
  • 2 1/2 cups fresh pineapple juice
  • Fresh pineapple slices, for garnish

Combine the lime juice, tequila, Triple Sec, and pineapple juice. Fill a cocktail shaker 1/2-way with ice and fill 2/3 full with the margarita mixture. Shake for 30 seconds and pour into glasses. Decorate with fresh pineapple slices and serve ice cold.

No comments: