Monday, February 9, 2009

In honor of love

Valentine's Day is right around the corner and marketed love is in the air. And you know what? So what. I love a day dedicated to love. I love the crafts we did as kids, I love getting little pink/red/white/cutesy things for my friends and loved ones, I love the cheesy store bought valentines, I love an excuse to focus on sweetness. Yes, of course I want it year round, but I do look forward to the day dedicated expressly to it.
Quinn and I watched Iron Chef battle chocolate (copycats) last night since the Food Network gets all chocolatey this time of year (I watched Sandra Lee make an entire chocolate meal on Saturday). As an aside, I'd like to point out that some of the ideas totally stole from our ideas at the Glorious Battle Chocolate of last month. One of my favorite magazines, Real Simple, also has a great homage to all things Valentine's Day Dinners Cooked At Home For Your Sweetie. Seven different menus await and I totally can't decide which one sounds best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, cute yoU!