Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Corn Dogs

Well I don't know how you even thought I wasn't going to try to make these at some point this summer.
I smell a circus party in my future! I can wear my zombie clown outfit again, but with less zombie.

Corn Dogs
spicy ketchup:
3/4 c ketchup
1/4 c pickled hot peppers, diced
1/4 c pickled sweet peppers, diced

dogs:
1 egg
1 (8.5 oz) package corn muffin mix
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
3/4 c milk
1/2 c ap flour
1 pkg cocktail franks
veggie oil for frying
20 6" wooden skewers

In a small bowl combine ketchup and pickled peppers. Mix well and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, corn muffin mix, garlic powder, onion powder and milk. In a separate shallow dish add flour. Insert wooden skewers half way into cocktail franks.

Heat oil to 375 degrees F in a deep-fryer. Dredge each cocktail frank in flour, dust off excess then dip into cornmeal batter. Fry 2 to 3 corn dogs at a time for about 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with the relish.

No comments: