Monday, October 19, 2009

Turkey Stroganoff

I could make this recipe every week and happily nom away. It's fast, easy, and super tasty. Win! SB friendly, of course; for phases 2 or 3.

Turkey Stroganoff
1 tbs olive oil
1 medium white onion, chopped
3 cups sliced mushrooms
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1/3 cup chicken broth
12 ounces of whole-wheat egg noodles
6 Jennie-O turkey meatballs - (my new favorite find; they are SO good) once you've nuked them, cut them into quarters
1 cup nonfat sour cream
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp black pepper

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, bell pepper, and broth. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated, about 6-8 minutes.
Add turkey and sour cream. Heat.
Serve over cooked noodles.

3 comments:

Cynical Siren said...

Huh? Who knew stroganoff could sound so good? Actually, I'm fairly certain I didn't know what stroganoff actually was until I read this. I'll definitely be giving it a try.

Quinn said...

Next time, could you make more of it though? I barely got any!

Rogue Designs said...

I'm sorry!!!! And yes, next time I will make loads of it.