Sunday, June 15, 2008

Pistachio Crusted Chicken

Okay, I can swear that I saw Robin Miller make this one weekend morning, and it spurred me into action and I made it as well, but I'll be damned if I can find it now.
Where the hell is that recipe?! It was so fast, and so easy, and I know I'll butcher it if I try to do it from memory.

I know I put some pistachios in the food processor (or you can just chop 'em up on a cutting board, but they're wiggly little suckers; ooh, or put them in a plastic bag and bash the heck out of them). I brushed the chicken breasts with honey mustard and goat cheese, smashed on some pistachios, and baked it. Oh hell. It was seriously delicious.

Okay, here goes:
Cooking spray
8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
s&p
1/4 cup honey mustard
6 ounces soft goat cheese
1 cup pistachio nuts
- out of their shells

Heat oven to 400

I pounded my breasts down a bit on the fat side. S & P the chook, slather the tops in the honey mustard and goat cheese. Sprinkle (mash) the pistachios onto the goat cheese and put into a baking pan. Cover with foil and pop into the oven. Bake for oh, 20-30 minutes (check after 20). Once the chicken is done, uncover and leave in for another 5-10 minutes to get a nice brown crust on top.

I served this with cous cous with cherry tomatoes, basil and goat cheese; but let's be honest, practically anything in your kitchen makes good cous cous.

1 comment:

Quinn said...

I still think about this meal.