Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Mousse

In my never ending quest for more Phase I South Beach recipes, I stumbled across Cara's Cravings and immediately shared one. I tweaked her recipe a bit, here is mine.

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Mousse with Dark Chocolate
2 servings

8 oz low-fat cottage cheese
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
2 1/2 packets of Splenda "cafe sticks"
2 squares dark chocolate, chopped

Use a blender (a regular one, or an immersion hand blender) to process the cottage cheese, peanut butter, and sweetener until completely smooth. It may take a good couple minutes, but you can get out all the lumps.
Transfer to a serving dish and chill for about 10 minutes in the freezer. Top with the pieces of chopped chocolate.

I got lazy and did some chocolate shavings on top and then just plunked the rest of the square down on the side. It doesn't take the place of my favorite SB dessert, but it was pretty tasty and I would make it again. Maybe even subbing out the peanut butter for sugar free jam if I'm craving a fruity flavor.
Apples dipped in this are amazing.

No comments: